Choosing the right mascara can definitely be a love-hate relationship. Applying mascara correctly makes your lashes darker; it also adds length and thickness. It is one of the easiest ways to draw attention to your eyes.
According to Allure Magazine, you can tell a lot by a mascara by the shape of the wand. Fat brushes create voluptuous lashes, while skinny brushes will coat each lash perfectly without clumping. Curved wands will help curl lashes.
- Don’t pump the wand in and out of the bottle. This pushes air into the tube which will make the mascara dry out faster causing clumping and flaking. Instead, gently twist the back and forth or in circular motions to pick up the desired amount of product.
- If you decide to curl your lashes, begin at the root of the lashes being careful not to get any skin into the eyelash curler. Press the curler together and hold for about 10 seconds and move the curler out to the end of your lashes and repeat. Again, this step is optional but it does make for longer looking lashes and opens the eye.
- When you remove the wand from the bottle make sure to scrap off any excess mascara from the wand. This will help you avoid making your lashes clumpy.
- To prevent dots on your eyelid and under your eyes, start with your bottom lashes when putting on your mascara.
- To avoid infection, you should regularly replace anything that comes in contact with your eyes.