Now get your scarf and try out the urban turban. It’s a chic look and very fashionable.
• First and foremost purchase a scarf or a number of them in a variety of colours and textures. Alternatively you can make use of a local print but it should be a long length (about 5 feet) so that you can wrap it around your head easily.
• Make sure you have bobby pins to hold your hair in place or to secure the turban.
• Smooth and pin your hair down so the turban doesn’t look too puffy or place a stretchy head cap over your head.
• Place your scarf or print cloth over at the back of your head making sure that both ends are of even length at either side of your shoulder.
• Pull both ends of the scarf in front and tie a knot where your hairline begins. Make sure that all your hair is tacked in at the back and at either sides.
• Pull the mid-section of the scarf from the crown of your head underneath the knot you have tied in order to secure the scarf and avoid puffiness.
• Tie another knot to properly secure the scarf. Keep tying knots till you have very little ends of the cloth or scarf left and then tuck the loose ends at the sides of the scarf or underneath the knots.
• Secure with bobby pins at either sides to make your urban turban more firm.
Simple! Now get your scarf and try out the urban turban. It’s a chic look and very fashionable. There are many variations of the turban. From the crown turban to the Rastafarian turban. Choose which turban style is more applicable to your lifestyle.
By Abena Sekyiamah