- 4 cups dry macaroni pasta
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Cook macaroni according to package directions.
2. Drain pasta and allow to cool.
3. Prepare dressing for macaroni salad by combining mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, and mustard in a small bowl.
4. Stir creamy sauce until it is well combined.
5. In a large bowl add cooked macaroni, chopped celery, shredded carrots, chopped onion and add creamy dressing.
6. Stir to combine. Add in shredded cheddar cheese.
7. Season with salt and black pepper.
8. Refrigerate a couple of hours before serving.