Barbecue fish recipes for Christmas
Pulse daily DIY recipe teaches prospective chefs how to prepare healthy, Ghanaian dishes in a simple way.
- 2 medium mackerel, filleted, skin on
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 or 2 limes
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium heat and oil the grates with a brush or towel.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and add the smashed garlic.
- Make 3 deep cuts on each side of the fish. Season fillets generously with salt and pepper. Place flesh side-downand cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip fish over and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from grill and brush with some of the garlic butter (about 2 tablespoons).
- 300g mackerel
- 100g jasmine rice
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- Juice 1 lime
- Small piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 mackerel fillets
- zest and juice 1 lime, plus extra wedges to serve
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- butter, for greasing
- steamed baby bok choi, to serve
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and cut into matchsticks
- juice 1 lime
- thumb-sized piece ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp muscovado sugar
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: