How to prepare crab stew
Pulse daily DIY recipe teaches prospective chefs how to prepare healthy, Ghanaian dishes in a simple way.
- 5 medium crabs & 2 small ones
- 1/2 a large smoked Salmon
- 2 medium Onions
- 10 medium Tomatoes
- 10 kpakpo shito (small green hot peppers)
- 2 Tablespoons Palm oil
- 1 Maggi cube
- Remove the little strip of shell that runs down the middle and pull out all unwanted parts.
- Remove the pointy segment at the tip of each leg as well as the shell bits covering the mouth area. these openings allow the flavour to penetrate as the food stews.
- Be sure to rub between the shell and legs to remove caked mud, then rinse thoroughly.
- Chop onions and blend pepper and tomatoes.
- Heat the palm oil then add he onions. Fry untill the start getting soft and translucent.
- Add blended pepper and tomatoes.
- Simmer the gravy till it dries and almost begins to stick, then add the Maggi cube and salt, a little water and let it simmer some more.
- Add the crabs, cover and lower the fire. let it simmer till the crabs turn red.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: