- Olive oil
- Clove garlic, minced
- Bay leaf
- Dry oregano
- Dry basil
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium sauce pan heat oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic, cook few seconds then stir in diced tomatoes. Add sugar, basil, oregano, bay leaf, pepper flakes if used, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes or until it has the right consistency for spreading on your pizza.
- When done, remove from heat and let cool slightly before using on your pizza.
- It keeps well refrigerated for up to a week or freeze until ready to use.