- 250g of peeled and diced Yam
- 300g of Spinach
- 10g of peeled Ginger
- Half a habanero chilli
- 1 large diced onion
- 1 teaspoon of Coconut oil
- 200ml of Vegetable stock (for a Vegetarian version)
- Chicken or Fish stock
- Wash your Spinach and place in a bowl.
- Add the chilli to to the Spinach
- Boil 1 litre of water in a kettle Pour the hot water over the Spinach and chilli and stir for 30 seconds.
- Using a colander drain the hot water off the Spinach and run it under cold water for 1 minute. (This stops the Spinach from cooking further and allows it to retain its green colour).
- Transfer the Spinach, chilli, Ginger , 200ml of your preferred stock and Onion into a blender.
- Blend into a silky smooth consistency and set aside. Place your diced Yam into a saucepan and cover with water.
- Boil the Yam for 10-12 minutes or until soft and drain the water using a colander.
- Melt the Coconut oil in the saucepan and the diced Yam.
- Add the blended Spinach and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve with your preferred protein as I did with minced Lamb burger.
Source:Ndudu by Fafa