How to prepare "Nuhuu" (Cocoyam porridge)
Pulse daily DIY recipe teaches prospective chefs how to prepare healthy, Ghanaian dishes in a simple way.
- Cocoyam, peel and cubed
- Onions, chopped
- Garlic, chopped
- Bottle of palm oil
- Fish powder
- Onga cube
- Salt to taste
- Wash all vegetables
- Blend tomatoes, pepper, onion and garlic until smooth.
- Heat palm oil in a large saucepan, add chopped onion and garlic and stir until onion turns golden brown.
- Add blended mixture and stir continously.
- After 5- 10 minutes, add fish powder, onga, taste for salt and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Wash cocoyam and add to the stew.
- Add small amount of water and cover to cook for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro, green pepper.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: