ADVERTISEMENT

60 students of Archbishop Porters SHS hospitalized over food poisoning

Sixty (60) students from Archbishop Porters Senior High School in Takoradi have been hospitalized due to food poisoning, Accra based Class FM reports.

Archbishop Porter Girls Secondary School

Reports indicate that some of the students were sent to the Holy Child Hospital in the Western Region on Thursday after complaining of stomach ache.

The Medical Superintendent of the hospital, Dr Sylvester Fameye told Class News that the situation has overwhelmed the facility and that logistics are being mobilised to move into the school to attend to more of the affected students.

“There is a vegetable seller at Archbishop Porter, and according to them, some of the vegetables she usually sold to the students, some were left, she kept it in a fridge. So, those who ate from the one that she kept in the fridge started having diarrhoea, and we call that food poisoning,” he disclosed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Dr. Fameye also said some the affected students also vomited, with some passing out.

JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!

Unblock notifications in browser settings.
ADVERTISEMENT

Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:

Email: eyewitness@pulse.com.gh

ADVERTISEMENT