Toothache can be caused by a number of dental issues but ultimately the pains from aches are intense and sometimes almost unbearable.
3 natural ways to get rid of toothache
Toothaches presents itself with throbbing and unbearable pains that can drive one crazy! If you find yourself in this position with little or no access to a dentist these easy home remedies are the best to ease the pain!
Usually caused by cavities/tooth decay, broken/chipped teeth, infected gums and more the throbbing pain that usually accompanies the ache could be triggered by sweet foods, cold foods or drinks and more which cause discomfort.
In situations where access to a dentist is delayed or you need quick relief from the aches, these home remedies are perfect:
1. Warm Salt Water
Salt in warm water is a common remedy for treating toothache and it works. It also helps reduces inflammation, swelling as well help fight against infection.
1. Mix half tablespoon of salt in a glass of warm water.
2. Stir the mixture continuously
3. Rinse your mouth with the solution at frequent intervals.
2. Crushed Garlic
Garlic has medicinal properties as well as provide relief from toothache. It works in reducing pains and contains antibiotic.
1. Crush garlic/you can also use garlic powder
2. Add table salt to the crushed garlic/garlic powder
3. Mix both and apply directly to the affected tooth/teeth.
4. Leave it on for a few minutes and rinse.
5. Repeat as needed.
Onions have antiseptic properties and work well to kill germs that cause infection providing relief.
1. Chew onions for a few minutes - if you can- concentrating on the affected tooth.
2. Apply chopped/crushed onions directly on the bad tooth.
3. Leave it on for a few minutes.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: