ADVERTISEMENT

Mahama's convoy was not stoned, Minister clarifies

Initial reports said one person on the convoy of the president was injured as a result of the attack.

Initial reports said one person on the convoy of the president was injured as a result of the attack.
ADVERTISEMENT

“No one stoned the president’s convoy," he said. "I was in the convoy and the president’s convoy is safe."

Initial reports said one person on the convoy of the president was injured as a result of the attack and that two people were subsequently arrested by the police.

The president earlier on Tuesday inspected work on the first phase of the new Kejetia Market being executed by a Brazilian construction firm, Contracta during his tour at Kumasi.

He indicated the budget for the second and the third phases of the $298 million project had been approved by Cabinet.

He also commissioned an entrepreneurship village for the Kumasi Polytechnic and inspected the progress of work on the Asawase Market.

The president also assured residents of Aboabo, one of the flood-prone areas in Kumasi that work on Aboabo drains will begin soon, as tender on the work has been opened.

JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!

Unblock notifications in browser settings.
ADVERTISEMENT

Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:

Email: eyewitness@pulse.com.gh

ADVERTISEMENT