Top 20 beauty tips and tricks of 2017
We’ve rounded up our best get-gorgeous beauty tricks in this article.
- Always wash your makeup off before bed.
- Remember to clean your makeup brushes at least once a week to fight against potential bacteria and breakouts. Wash with a mixture of warm water and mild soap, then lay flat to dry.
- Clean out your makeup bag at least once a year to get rid of old products that may be expired or you no longer use.
- Foundation should never be heavy. Apply liquid foundation with a damp makeup sponge for best results.
- Replace mascara and liquid eyeliner after 3-4 months.
- For smudge-proof eye makeup, take blotting tissue to remove any oil or any excess makeup from the eye area. Then, apply a small dab of cream concealer to hold things in place.
- To prevent hair color from fading, use a conditioning treatment weekly or bi-monthly.
- In order to keep eyeliner from running and smearing, opt for liner formulas that offer stay proof wearability
- Always allow about two fingers from your nose to where blush starts.
- To make your manicure last, apply a thin layer of clear every two days. Pay particular attention to the free edge at the top of your nails, where chips usually happen and apply extra clear polish there.
- For makeup that lasts all day and night, use a makeup-sealing product like a setting spray.
- For fuller lips, extend the lip line using a flesh tone lip liner. Be careful not to go overboard.
- For acne-free skin, look for a cleanser with salycilic acid or benzoyl peroxide.
- When choosing a red lipstick, you just want to remember to get one that looks good with your undertone.
- To make a zit go away faster, don’t pick at it. The bacteria on your fingers will create more redness, and any attempt at popping will make things worse.
- Use an exfoliator to get rid of dead skin, but limit yourself to 2-3 times a week so you don’t dry out your skin. Use a gentler scrub on your face and a coarser scrub on the rest of your body.
- Go for a trim every 6-8 weeks to ensure you have no damaged ends making your
- The healthier you are, the healthier your hair! Take a daily multi-vitamin with Biotin to help hair grow faster.
- There are always cheap, natural and effective homemade beauty recipes.
- Carrots are good for the hair. A healthy diet leads to a beautiful you.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: