- Roasted garlic mashed potatoes
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Snipped chives
- Bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil
- Cook mashed potatoes. You'll use the butter and milk for this. Once the potatoes are made, let cool to room temperature.
- Render your bacon until crispy. Set aside on paper towels; crumble into bacon bits.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, cheese, egg, chives and bacon bits. Mix until thoroughly combined. Using your hands, roll mixture into 1-inch balls. Toss in the bread crumbs until covered all over. Set aside on a plate to rest 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large, wide pot. Once hot enough, gently lower the balls into the hot oil, and fry until golden all over. Continue in batches, and set aside on paper towels to drain.
- Garnish with chives and serve immediately.