Rice pudding is a well-loved dish the world over! The dish can vary wildly in taste and ingredients.
- Medium grain rice or long grain rice
- Evaporated milk
- Bring rice, water and salt to a boil over med-high heat.
- Simmer covered until water has been absorbed (approximately 15 minutes).
- Stir in milk and sugar and cook uncovered over medium heat for 30-40 minutes, stirring frequently
- The pudding is done when the rice and milk have amalgamated into a thick porridge-like consistency.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Turn into a bowl or cups.
- You can sprinkle cinnamon or any dry fruit on top.