Palm nut extract
How to prepare 'Apraprasa'
Dried fish( Any preferred meat can be added)
Roasted cornmeal flour
Salt and maggie cube
1. Wash palm nut thoroughly and boil until the nuts become soft
2. Prepare the meat or fish to be used
3. Put the meat in a saucepan, add blended onions, garlic, ginger, maggie cube and salt to taste.
4. Allow to steam for 5-10 minutes
5. Add grind pepper and tomatoes to the meat
6. Pass the palm nuts through a colander and pound in clean mortar.
7. Pour the palm nuts into a big bowl and dilute with warm water.
8. Separate the seeds from the husk by straining through a colander.
9. Strain the extract into the saucepan containing the meat and increase the heat.
10. Wash crab and add to the soup
11. Allow soup to boil for 20-25 minutes.
Palm nut soup ready, proceed to Apraprasa preparation:
12. Scoop about 8 ladles of palm nut soup into a separate saucepan
13. Add about 9-10 table spoons of the cornmeal gradually and a spoonful at a time, stirring the mixture at the same time and continuously till desired pasty texture achieved and all lumps completely dissolved.
14. Add a scoop of soup and allow to steam for a couple of minutes.
15. Serve into your bowl, garnishing with the crab on top, and enjoy.
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: