Weekends are for new recipes!
3 great chicken recipes to try this weekend
Chicken is usually a hot favourite in these parts which is why we're excited to share these 5 chicken recipes.
With the possibility of hosting visitors at a higher chance at the weekends than weekdays, there's no better time to stock on food and also try our hands on new dishes.
Chicken is usually a hot favourite in these parts which is why we're excited to share these 5 chicken recipes as obtained from Epicurious.
Check them out.
1. Grilled Chicken Tacos
- 1 medium onion
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon coarsely crushed cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed (for serving)
- 2 avocados, sliced (for serving)
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat.
- Toss onion, garlic, chicken, cumin oil, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl and spread seasonings thoroughly on the chicken.
- Grill onion and chicken until cooked through and lightly charred, spending about 4 minutes per side.
- Let chicken rest 5 minutes before slicing and serve with tortillas and avocados.
2. Thai Chicken Curry
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Yellow curry paste
- Peeled carrots cut into 1/2 inch-thick rounds
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Red Pepper
- Yukon Gold potatoes (about 3), peeled, cut into half inch pieces
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Unsweetened coconut milk
- Chopped fresh basil and cilantro
- Heat oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, until fragrant, for about 1 minute.
- Add carrots, onion, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent for about 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes, chicken, coconut milk, and 1 1/2 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender for about 20 minutes.
- Divide curry among bowls and top with herbs.
3. Parmesan Chicken Cutlets
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs or any breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (Sharp-flavoured Italian cheese)
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 4 small skinless, boneless chicken cutlets (about 1 1/2 pounds total), pounded to 1/4" thickness
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 halved lemon
- Place flour in a shallow bowl, beat eggs in a second shallow bowl. Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and mustard powder in a third shallow bowl and season mixture with salt and pepper.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour, shaking off any excess.
- Transfer to bowl with beaten egg and turn to coat. Lift from bowl, allowing excess to drip back into bowl.
- Coat with breadcrumb mixture, pressing to adhere.
- Heat 6 tablespoons oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Working in 2 batches, cook cutlets, adding remaining 2 tablespoons oil to pan between batches, until golden brown and cooked through, spending about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer cutlets to a paper towel-lined plate and season with salt. Serve with lemon.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: