Every subscriber must learn to avoid Mobile Money fraud. Here are some tips to help prevent Mobile Money fraud.
Fraudsters are using this means to deceive unsuspecting mobile money subscribers.
Statistics indicate that at least 50 percent of Mobile Money subscribers have either experienced one form of fraud or have been a target for Mobile Money fraudsters.
However, every subscriber must learn to avoid Mobile Money fraud. Here are some tips to help prevent Mobile Money fraud.
1. Keep your secret pin to yourself. Do not disclose it to anybody, including vendors.
2. Remember to change your pin periodically to avoid being hacked.
3. Be vigilant when making a mobile money transaction
4. Keep your Mobile Money account secret.
5. When you have to send money to a third party, transfer it into your wallet before sending it.
6. When you use vendor services in sending money call the receiver to verify if it has been received.
7. Do not mention your phone number or that of a friend out loud when at the vendors. Write it on a piece of paper and hand it over to the vendor directly.
8. Don’t download suspicious apps.
9. When you receive a call or text message that money has been sent to you wrongly via mobile money, double check to confirm from your wallet before you resend.
10. Ignore suspicious text messages asking for money to release a package or prize especially if you have not been engaged in any draw or raffle.
11. Do not open a Facebook account with your mobile money number; it can easily be profiled by fraudsters.