Pulse.com.gh logo

Premiership: Saracens register record comeback

Saracens came from 13-0 down to beat Bath 19-13, while Leicester Tigers claimed a late 19-18 win at Gloucester.

  • Published:

Join the "kokonsa" clique.Don't miss a thing, get the latest updates to fuel your conversation daily

By signing up , you agree to our Privacy Policy and European users agree to the data transfer policy

Thank You! You have successfully subscribed to receive pulse.com.gh daily newsletter.

It was the same old story for Bath as they threw away a 13-0 half-time lead to lose 19-13 at Premiership leaders Saracens on Saturday.

Bath have not won at Sarries since a victory at Vicarage Road in February 2010 and had triumphed just once in their last 11 encounters with the defending champions - a run that includes last season's final.

Mike Ford's men looked set to halt their dismal run on the road at Saracens as a Tom Homer try and eight points from the boot of Rhys Priestland put them in control at the break.

However, two three-pointers from Charlie Hodgson chipped away at the advantage early in the second half at Allianz Park, before Schalk Brits touched down with 10 minutes left on the clock.

Hodgson was successful with the conversion to pull Sarries level and contributed a further six points from the tee to consign Bath to a fifth consecutive defeat in all competitions.

The match fell two short of breaking a 15-year-old Premiership record for number of total match points scored at one end, while Saracens registered their biggest comeback win in the competition's history.

The result leaves Bath ninth and further adrift of eighth after Sale Sharks leapt to seventh with a 38-10 win against London Irish in tricky weather conditions.

Leading 12-10 at half-time, Sale scored four unanswered tries after the interval - including two from Nev Edwards - to stretch their unbeaten home record to nine matches.

Leicester Tigers, meanwhile, left it late to snatch victory at Gloucester, climbing to third in the table with a 19-18 win.

Trailing 15-7 with little over 10 minutes left to play, Telusa Veainu pulled Tigers to within three points before James Hook made it 18-12 with a penalty.

However, with Ben Morgan sin-binned for the last five minutes following an illegal challenge on Veainu, Leicester replacement Logovi'i Mulipola went over in the corner, leaving Tommy Bell to split the posts and complete the turnaround.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Ghana?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +233507713497, Social Media @pulseghana: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.com.gh.

Recommended Articles

Recommended Videos