Advertisement

There is reportedly no evidence the NFL or the Kansas City Chiefs asked for Kareem Hunt's public records until after disturbing video was leaked

kareem hunt
kareem hunt
Advertisement

The National Football League and Kansas City Chiefs do not appear to have asked the city of Cleveland for documents or material related to Kareem Hunt until earlier this month, according to records reviewed by a Kansas City-based ABC affiliate.

Advertisement

The NFL has said it was investigating the running back's altercation with a woman since February.

Although the Chiefs suspended Hunt in February and the NFL said it was investigating the incident, neither group seemed to ask Cleveland police about it. KMBC, the local ABC affiliate, obtained a record of all organizations who asked the city of Cleveland for documents related to Hunt. Neither the NFL nor Kansas City Chiefs appear on the list until after TMZ made the video public.

Advertisement

A Cleveland law enforcement official told KMBC that Ohio law allows some record requests to be anonymous. But the NFL didn't choose anonymity in its November 30 request.

The Chiefs released Hunt after the TMZ video was published , saying he lied to the organization about the incident.

On Sunday, Hunt told ESPN the NFL never asked him about the incident.

"I don't blame them for anything," he told ESPN. "My actions caused this, and I really wish I could, you know, just apologize to them and let them know there's no hard feelings between me and the Chiefs."

Cleveland law enforcement officials told Cleveland.com it wouldn't press charges against Hunt without the cooperation of the woman.

Advertisement

See Also:

Advertisement
Latest Videos
Advertisement