- Cond Nast Traveller r ecently released its 2019 Gold List ranking of the best hotels in the world.
- Of the 78 best hotels selected by the editors, 27 hotels are located in Europe .
- Italy swept the rankings with eight hotels, followed by France with fourhotels.
- London was the most represented city with threehotels between the Kensington and Covent Garden areas alone.
This year, Cond Nast Traveller featured 78 hotels on their 2019 Gold List, including 27 European hotels.
The best hotels in Europe range from a farmhouse in the English countryside to an oceanfront resort with private pools on the Greek islands.
Italy accounts for the biggest chunk of top-ranking hotels, tallying eight hotels across the country. The majority of these hotels are on the water, whether lakeside in the Monte Baldo mountains, canal-side in Venice, or seaside along the Amalfi Coast.
The hotels are scattered across Europe and represent a large range of prices, from $250 per night for a hotel in Mallorca up to $2,600 per night at an exclusive spot in Iceland. Many of these luxury hotels have been Gold List and Readers Choice winners in the past, such as Sweden's Ett Hem and Italy's Le Sirenuse .
- Luxury travelers want more than ever before, and hotels are borrowing a tactic used by Netflix and Amazon to keep up
- My husband and I splurged on a Santorini hotel for our honeymoon that costs over $400 per night and is built into a cave. Here's why it was totally worth it
- An adults-only island in the Maldives with 15 overwater villas is the best new luxury hotel to visit in 2019 here's a look inside
SEE ALSO: The 13 best hotels in America that every traveler needs to visit in 2019