The National Association of Graduate Teachers (NAGRAT) has described as disturbing the government’s decision to dismiss head teachers of two Senior High schools for allegedly charging unapproved fees following the start of the free Senior High School policy.
The headmaster of Pentecost SHS, Wisdom Blazu and Assistant headmaster of Daffour SHS, Rev. S.P Eleworkor were sacked by the Ghana Education Service.
Seven other school administrators had been interdicted for various misconduct.
They include; Headmistress of Kwenyarko SHS Mrs Florence Pra, Ahantaman SHS headmistress Mrs Mercy Ocloo, Ekumfi Ameyaw SHS Techiman Julian Okon and his Assistants Jacob Barzon and George Frimpong Kwarteng.
Speaking on Accra-based Starr FM over the development, the Vice President of NAGRAT, Angel Kabonu said the decision is unfair considering the union representations of the interdicted headmasters were not in the meeting that indicted them.
“That did not happen and we are not too happy about it,” he said, adding “we have difficulty aligning ourselves with the decisions that had been taken yesterday [Thursday September 14, 2017.”
On his part, the National Secretary of the Conference of Heads of Assisted Secondary School of Ghana (CHASS), Samuel Yeboah said the news of the interdiction without the said headmasters receiving fair hearings is rather unfortunate.
“In deed, we are not happy at all about what is happening,” he said.