“Stop the greed, only 25% of your husband is yours, the rest is for other women” – Counsellor

A renowned Nigerian Islamic scholar has triggered fury after he reportedly referred to women who want to have their husbands for themselves alone as “thieves” and greedy people who are pushing men into adultery.

“Stop the greed, only 25% of your husband is yours, the rest is for other women – Counsellor

According to, Ustaz Abdulfattah Adeyemi made the controversial statement in a paper titled, "Charity, a path to Jannah," which he presented in Abuja during the inauguration of Sisters of Jannah, a Muslim women’s charity organisation.


The founder of Baynakum Family Counselling Centre asserted that only 25% of a woman’s husband belongs to her, while the remaining 75% is for other women.

He therefore advised women "not to deny their husbands polygamy" saying they should not think their husbands are theirs alone.

“Let me tell you that your husband is only yours 25 per cent; your husband is not your property; your only share of him is 25 per cent. The remaining 75 per cent belongs to other women.


“If you want your husband 100 per cent, then you are a thief; you are going beyond the 25 per cent that is yours; the remaining 75 per cent belongs to other ladies.

“Don’t think that because you are wives, other women should not share your husbands,” Ustaz Abdulfattah Adeyemi said.

He also cautioned women that being overprotective of their husbands will not make them 100% theirs, but will rather make them device means of committing adultery.


“Men are not stupid, the men are even becoming smart. It’s until when some die that you know how many children they have.

“I am not saying that is what happens every time; but if you think you are too smart, men are smarter.

“You have never been a man before in your life, you can’t imagine what goes through in the minds of men. Let us fear Allah, as much as possible.

“If Allah makes it easy for you, if they ask you to shift, please shift a little so that somebody else can also sit down.

“And you that is asking somebody else to shift, you have to fear Allah; you that they are allowing to come in, fear Allah. Don’t go there and scatter their lives for them. Don’t go there and constitute problem for them.


“The man may be doing it for the sake of Allah, don’t let him regret it.”

The cleric attributed failure of some polygamous homes to what he referred to as selfishness of women themselves.

He said: “Whenever you see polygamy that is not successful, it is because of a woman.

“Na woman dey do woman. The one that is inside the house and the one that is coming into the house and both women. It is women that are the enemies of women.

“If the man is trying to be just, it is the other woman that will go and enter him and turn his head the other way. You will be going north, and he will be going south.


“It is two women that are both diabolical because of a man. We men are the Angels that Allah sends to help women.”

Polygamy is allowed in Islam, so it is understandable for Ustaz Abdulfattah Adeyemi to make these assertions.

But some feminists and Christians would disagree with him.



Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: