Revamp your dinner with "Koobi" egg stew and cocoyam
Egg stew is a healthy and tasty recipe which can be eaten alongside a variety of options like yam, plantain and even rice.
- Chopped tomatoes
- Sliced onions
- Gloves of garlic minced
- Salted tilapia
- Pepper blended
- Cooking oil
- All purpose spices
1. Cut salted tilapia into desirable sizes wash and soak in water for 5 minutes to remove the salt.
2. Heat onion and garlic in oil over medium heat and stir.
3. Add blended pepper, tomatoes and salted tilapia.
4. Cook to cook for 4 - 6 minutes.
5. Taste for salt and add spices.
6. Crack eggs in a bowl and add to the stew.
7. Allow to simmer and stir.
8. Peel the cocoyam and cut into two equal halves.
9. Wash thoroughly and put cocoyam in a big saucepan.
10. Boil cocoyam with enough water and add salt.
11. Check for 7 minutes if its soft, drain off the water.
12. Serve koobi stew with cocoyam.
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: