Dozens evacuated as gas leaks at La Marwako Restaurant

According to the Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS), they were informed of the incident at about 10:44 am and they swiftly dispatched personnel to the scene.

The workers at a Total and a Goil fuel station nearby have also been evacuated.

He explained that one of the restaurant's cylinders seemed to have been perforated from beneath, hence the leakage.

He said the affected cylinder was currently being cooled for safe flaring.

The incident occurred at about 12noon on Monday.

Residents in the area are worried because of the major gas explosion that happened at Atomic junction in Accra a week ago.

The Atomic gas explosion left 7 people dead and 132 injured.

However, Anaglatey assured the residents near the Mawarlo in La to be calm since the personnel of the GNFS are doing everything possible to prevent any form of accident.

JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!

Unblock notifications in browser settings.

Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:

Email: eyewitness@pulse.com.gh