Actor's dog dies from food poisoning

The actor says his little dog named Brutus died after ingesting a toxic mushroom

Dwayne Johnson loses puppy to food poisoning

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has announced the passing of one his puppies just less than a month he saved his two dogs from drowning in a pool.

The actor says his little dog died after ingesting a toxic mushroom.

"I encourage all of you out there to be mindful of mushrooms in your yards, parks or anywhere outside your dogs play.  What looks innocent, can be deadly to your lil' family members," the actor wrote next to a pic of Brutus, one of two French bulldogs he got this summer.

The 43-year-old then added the heartbreaking hashtag, "#WishICouldveSavedYouOneMoreTime."

READ MORE: undefined

Over Labor Day weekend, Brutus, along with his brother Hobbs, got into a little mischief when they escaped and jumped into the actor's pool. While Hobbs successfully doggie paddled his way to safety, Brutus sank "like a brick," forcing Dwayne to jump in fully clothed to rescue him.

READ MORE: undefined

The death of the pooch comes just two weeks after sources revealed that the dad-of-one was set to expecting a child with girlfriend Lauren Hashian.

JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!

Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:

Email: eyewitness@pulse.com.gh