How to prepare kontomire stew using MAGGI Dɛdɛɛdɛ
Here's a simple guide to preparing Kontomire stew the MAGGI Dɛdɛɛdɛ way.
- ½ Cup milled melon or gourd seeds (Egusi)
- 1 Large smoked mackerel (or tuna), cleaned and deboned
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 2 Large onions
- ½ inch ginger root
- A bunch of 15-20 cocoyam leaves (Nkontomire)
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 red chillies
- 3 tablespoons palm oil
- 1 MAGGI DƐDƐƐDƐ tablet
- Wash the nkontomire leaves thoroughly with lukewarm water. Cut into strips.
- Slice up 1 onion.
- Blend tomatoes, 1 onion, pepper, ginger and garlic together.
- Pour oil in a saucepan and set on medium high heat.
- Add the sliced onions and stir fry for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add blended ingredients and allow to cook for about 5 minutes, then add mackerel chunks.
- Add MAGGI DƐDƐƐDƐ tablet for seasoning.
- Allow the stew to simmer down for about 10 minutes, for the sauce to reduce by an inch.
- Mix Egusi with ¾ cup water into a paste, add to stew, and allow it to simmer for a couple of minutes before stirring to create texture (Allow to cook for another 3 minutes).
- Add the nkontomire / cocoyam leaves and stir under a low heat.
- Allow to slow cook for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with yam, plantain, rice, cocoyam etc.