A woman not only gets married to her husband but also his family because she has now become part of them. It matters a lot to get along with your new family especially your mother-in-law.
How to be the best daughter-in-law to your husband's mother
Working on a great relationship with your mother-in-law is a very important challenge you must get right
Working on a great relationship with your mother-in-law is a very important challenge you must get right.
Here are a few ways to be the best daughter-in-law ever:
1. Be open to communication: Having an issue with an in-law, don't keep it inside. Discuss with your husband and mother-in-law how you feel about an unfavorable situation. This'll make her feel like she's part of your life.
2. Take your children to her: Let your mother-in-law take care of your children. They are her grandchildren, so keeping them apart may not work in your favor. Let her spoil them a little if she wants to.
3. Avoid being biased: Treat your mother in-law the same way you'll treat your mother. Find out her likes and dislikes, please her to the best of your ability like you would please your mother.
4. Expect the best and worst: Since your husband's family isn't like the one you came from, it's important to get to know each of them. Some members may be more pleasant than others. Just expect the best and worst from your new family.
5. Be respectful: Your mother-in-law should be treated with respect. Respect her feelings and opinions. Be her friend and try to make her open up to you about her life experiences. you get to form stronger bonds that way.
6. Pay attention to details: Details are everything, if you pay attention to your mother -in-law you should be able to get along with her pretty well, doesn't matter how troublesome she may be.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: