Advertisement

Korean business man in frame for FIFA presidency

 
 
Chung Mong-Joon is in Germany where he will met UEFA President, Michel Platini for talks on the future of FIFA
Advertisement

A former Vice President of FIFA and one of the possible candidate to replace outgoing Sepp Blatter has flown to Germany to kick off plans for his plans to contest in the next election.

Advertisement

Chung Mong-Joon is in Germany where he will met UEFA President, Michel Platini for talks on the future of FIFA.

Chung comes from a billionaire family owner of Korea’s Hyundai group has been a long time critic of Blatter.

He had previously attempted to contest for FIFA presidency in 2011 before stepping down after losing his own position on the FIFA executive board to Prince Ali bin al Hussein of Jordan.

Chung said he will be meeting other international football figures in Berlin for the UEFA Champions League final.

Advertisement

The Korean business man on Wednesday said he was considering joining the race to replace Blatter who announced his resignation on Monday.

“This is an extremely difficult time for FIFA,” Chung told reporters before boarding his flight to Berlin.

“I will speak to UEFA President Michel Platini about the current state of affairs at FIFA and what should be done,” he was quoted as saying by the Yonhap news agency.

Chung joins the growing list of possible candidates for the next FIFA president.

Platini, Prince Ali, Zico and Portugal’s Luis Figo are all said to be interested.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Latest Videos
Advertisement