Bost Saga Senyo Hosi recuses himself from contaminated fuel probe committee

Mr Hosi has come under pressure not to sit on the committee because of his public utterances on the ranging issue which has now taken a political twist.

  • Published:
play The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Bulk Oil Distribution Companies (BDCs), Senyo Hosi
24/7 Live - Subscribe to the Pulse Newsletter!

The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Bulk Oil Distribution Companies (BDCs), Senyo Hosi, has recused himself from a committee formed by the Energy Minister to probe the contaminated fuel saga.

Mr Hosi has come under pressure not to sit on the committee because of his public utterances on the ranging issue which has now taken a political twist.

READ MORE: John Mahama received questionable $3m from BOST – NPP alleges

Speaking on TV3’s “New Day” Saturday, he said: “I will not be part of the committee.”

He added: “I think all activities at BOST, right from Awuah Darko’s time, till now must be looked at.

"I will not sit on that committee and I think that I have made that known to the minister. The constitution in there is not about me, it is about a representative from the Chamber. So the board will take a decision of who should be there.

"I have commented on the matter, so there will certainly be some sense of prejudice. So I don’t think I am qualified to be part of the committee."

READ MORE: Retract false claims or I sue: Hosi tells Agyapong

The eight-member committee set up the minister is to investigate the controversial sale of 5 million litres of contaminated fuel by the Bulk Oil Storage and Transportation (BOST).

The Energy Minister, Boakye Agyarko, said the committee is expected to among other things “determine the circumstances that created the off-spec product.”

The committee will also ascertain if the product can be corrected, if not determine the alternative use for the product and further review the transaction.

The stament also added that “BOST has so far evacuated a total of 471,000 litres of the said product and has currently suspended evacuation in compliance with NPA instructions.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Ghana?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +233507713497, Social Media @pulseghana: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.com.gh.

Recommended Articles

Recommended Videos




Top Articles

1 Jubilee House Shock and disbelief over number of presidential staffersbullet
2 Adult Content We will continue showing porn on TV - Ice TVbullet
3 Men of God Ghanaian pastors and their nicknamesbullet
4 Illegal Drugs Ghana leads Africa in marijuana use; ranks 3rd in...bullet
5 Expansion Works Ghana Highway Authority orders traders to leave...bullet
6 Capital Bank Collapse Mensah Otabil’s daughter writes...bullet
7 City Indeed! 7 reasons Accra is the worst city to live in Ghanabullet
8 Terrible Here are 6 tragedies that have hit Ghana in the...bullet
9 Cape Coast Young girls offering sex for GH¢1, or on creditbullet
10 A1 Bread Boss My girlfriend supports me - CEObullet

Top Videos

1 Lynched Soldier Listen to the man who hit Capt. Mahama's head with a blockbullet
2 Watch Video I lick my wife before going to preach - Kumchacha confessesbullet

News