Pulse.com.gh logo
Go


Central Region 4-year-old dies after drinking mother's akpeteshie

The deceased was said to have mistaken the locally made liquor to water.

  • Published:
play Bottles of locally made liquor
24/7 Live - Subscribe to the Pulse Newsletter!

A four-year-old girl has died from ‘extreme’ alcohol poisoning after drinking a bottle of locally made liquor called akpeteshi.

The incident occurred at Enyan Abasa, a farming community in the Central region.

The deceased, who has been identified as Adwoa, was said to have mistaken the locally made liquor to water.

READ ALSO: Mother gives go-ahead for daughter to commit suicide

Reports say the akpeteshi which caused the girl’s death belongs to her mother, Nana Enyiwa.

Residents told Accra-based Adom FM that the mother often uses the akpeteshie as an appetizer before her meals.

The girl mistakenly drank it and began suffocating and bleeding through her nostrils.

READ ALSO: Woman sentenced to death for murder of 3-year-old boy

She was initially rushed to the Enyan Abasa health centre for treatment but was later transferred to the Asikuma hospital. She, however, did not survive.

Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Ghana?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +233507713497, Social Media @pulseghana: #PulseEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulse.com.gh.

Recommended Articles

Recommended Videos