Feast of Sacrifice as the Arabic word "Eid" means festival and the word "Adha" means sacrifice. It honours the willingness of Prophet Abraham's (Ibrahim) to sacrifice his son Ishmael (Isma'il), as an act of submission to God's command.
Top quotes and messages on the Muslim festival
The meat from the sacrificed animal is preferred to be divided into three parts. The family retains one third of the share; another third is given to relatives, friends and neighbours; and the remaining third is given to the poor and needy.
However, God spared Abraham's son and replaced him with a sheep. To commemorate the sacrifice, Muslims sacrifice cows, lambs, goats, rams or other animals. The meat from the sacrificed animal is preferred to be divided into three parts. The family retains one third of the share; another third is given to relatives, friends and neighbours; and the remaining third is given to the poor and needy.
Here are a few quotes and messages on Eid al-Adha, to share with friends and family on this festive occasion:
- Hope love and laughter, warmth, wishes, joy and a bouquet of Eid wishes, jubilations, become a part of your Eid and your life.
- Wishing that Allah accepts your good deeds and sacrifices, alleviates your sufferings, and forgives your transgressions. Wishing you joy and prosperity on Eid.
- E-Embrace with open heart; I-Inculcate good deeds; D-Distribute and share Allah's bounties with the underprivileged. Eid Mubarak!
- Hope that you are guided by your faith in the Almighty and shine in his divine blessings. Wishing you a happy Eid.
- Surely Abraham was an example, obedient to Allah, by nature upright, and he was not of the polytheists. He was grateful for our bounties. We chose him and guided him unto a right path. We gave him good in this world, and in the next he will most surely be among the righteous.
- Whoever kills another one without justifiable cause, surely he is killing all of humanity. And whoever saves the life of another one, surely he saves the lives of all of humanity.
- Those who believed and led a righteous life are the best creatures.
- Whether you (mankind) disclose (by good words of thanks) a good deed (done to you in the form of a favour by someone), or conceal it, or pardon an evil, ... verily, Allah is Ever Oft-Pardoning, All-Powerful.
- So whoever desires to meet his Lord, he should do good deeds and not associate anyone in the worship of his Lord.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: