According to reports, the NDC stalwart died Tuesday, March 12, 2019 at the Greater Accra Regional Hospital.
Dr. Adjei was battling with a protracted sickness. He died three days after marking his 76th birthday on March 9, 2019.
Born on March 9, 1943, Dr Kwabena Adjei is credited with several unique achievements as an executive appointee and an NDC party man from 1987 to 2019.
He graduated with a PhD (Research Methods and Statistics in Psychology) from the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland, U.K in 1973.
He ventured into politics in 1978, getting elected as a Council Member of the Jasikan District Council in the Volta region.
As he ventured into politics, Dr Adjei was also a business man before his demise which many don't know.
Here are 5 interesting things to know about the late former NDC Chairman.
- He hailed from Nkonya Ntsumuru in the Volta Region and was an academician, politician and a businessman.
- He was also Member of Parliament (MP) for Biakoye in the Volta Region in 1992, 1996 and 2000 and was the Majority Chief Whip in 1994. Deputy Minister for Lands and Forestry and made the substantive Minister. In 1998 to 2000, he was the leader of the House [Majority Leader].
READ MORE: NDC deceived Mahama - Kwabena Adjei
- Kwabena Adjei is popularly called "Nana Okumkra or Togbega Dadi Wula" the first and the last which literally means the unprecedented chief cat killer.
- It was during his supervision as Chairman of the NDC that the party returned to power in the 2008 election which was marginally won by the late President J.E.A. Mills.
- Kwabena Adjei is also popularly referred to as "Wayoo! Wayo!".