In a statement issued on Friday, May 21, 2021, he said the three police officers involved in the attack have been withdrawn from the National Security Ministry adding that they will face disciplinary action from the Ghana Police Service.
Kan Dapaah takes action on assault of Caleb; police officers involved to face disciplinary action
Albert Kan-Dapaah, the Minister of National Security, has said the actions taken by the Director of Operations at the National Security, Lieutenant Colonel Frank Agyeman against Citi FM/TV journalist Caleb Kudah, breached the ministry's operating procedures.
"The three (3) police officers involved have been withdrawn and are to report to the Ghana Police Service for investigation and disciplinary action," he said.
He added: "The secondment of Lieutenant Colonel Frank Agyeman (Director of Operations) at the Ministry has been reversed. The officer is to report to the Chief of Defence for further investigations and appropriate action."
Kudah was arrested at the National Security Ministry for filming abandoned MASLOC vehicles parked at the premises of the Ministry.
He was at the Ministry to verify a claim by an official of MASLOC that all the cars had been given out.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: